Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

2014 - Responsibility

That's kind of a big word- in letters and meaning. It implies maturity, presence of thought, and acknowledgement. It requires time, planning, and effort. Responsibility.

I have been mulling over what I want to do. Do I stop blogging? Do I wash my hands and walk away and pretend I never tried? It's not like anyone really reads this blog anyway. I don't have a huge following like some of my favorite blogs or even 50, for that matter. In fact, I just checked and the highest number of views I've received on any of my posts is 23. 2. 3. Twenty-three.

Then the thought occurred to me: this isn't what I want to do. I never want to stand in front of a room and talk, or in this case type, to a crowd of onlookers who would rather be eating a piece of cheesecake than listen to me drone about pantries, potlucks and pretties. I never want to trudge downstairs and cook another meal or wash another load of laundry or dishes. I'd much rather be outside playing in the snow with my kids (especially since there's been plenty lately!) or watching Downton Abbey or The Paradise and eating popcorn, scones, and chocolate chip cookies. But these are the things that make me tick, the things that inspire me, the things that I must share with the world. I have a purpose. Therefore, I have a responsibility.

I started the year in debt (collectively with Mr. Threads), in clutter, and in turmoil. How did I get here and how am I going to get myself out? I devoted this blog to discussions about how to be a "virtuous woman" and vowed to display that in every aspect and fiber of my being as I wrote what God has and is teaching me on the same subject, but as I stood in my home on January 1 and looked around me, I realized I was failing. I wasn't keeping track of our finances and racking up fees by not paying on time. I wasn't cooking or cleaning the way I should and creating more work and frustration for myself later. I understand no one has a perfect, spotless home, but when you set something down to "do it later", only to "do it later" for several more things, it all starts to pile up. Before you know it, you have, well, my house. :-\

And now, 2014. It's a new year and a fresh start and we're already through the first 37 days of it! Ladies, we have a mission to ourselves, our men, and our children, as well as our peers, bosses, etc. Let's stand up and accept it: our Responsibility. Jump into this journey with me with both feet, and let's hold on for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment