Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Stupid Easy Chicken Soft Tacos

I've teased my husband for years that he has to have some kind of Hispanic or Italian genetics in his bloodline somewhere. If I made tacos or pasta every day he'd be a happy camper.

Thanks to the wonder that we know as Pinterest, I have found dozens of recipes (or maybe a few more than dozens!) that I'm trying one by one to build our go-to, family friendly recipe collection. Eventually, I'd like to make one of those monthly menu planning calendars (also an idea from Pinterest) because I'm one of those people that methodically plan and calculate every move to maximize my time, space and money, aka borderline OCD. Guilty as charged. But don't judge me yet; I've found that the theory proves itself to be true- our grocery bills really are smaller when I plan recipes with similar ingredients to buy in bulk and/or keep stock of what's in the cabinets so I can use what we already have on hand.

But that's a whole other topic that we'll discuss later. Right now, on to the recipe!

Chicken Soft Tacos (from Crockin' Girls)
  • 1 Pound of Chicken
  • 2 Packages of Taco seasoning (low sodium)
  • 1 Can of Rotel
  • 1 Can of Black beans (I rinse mine before tossing them into the crock pot to get rid of that slimey goop that surrounds them!)
  • 1 Cup of Frozen corn
  • Chicken broth
Directions
  1. Put first five ingredients in slow cooker and pour in enough chicken broth to cover everything.
  2. Cook on low for approximately 5 hours or until chicken is cooked through and the house smells AMAZING!
  3. Shred chicken and return to pot.
  4. Serve with warm corn tortillas, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, etc...

I get asked to make these at least every other week or so. We've also cooked them on high for 2-3 hours for an easy Sunday lunch instead of going out... Just chop your tomatoes, onions, etc. on Saturday night or Sunday morning, flip it on before you leave and when you get back, it's ready! Doesn't get much easier than that!

Enjoy!

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment